GCC is the acronym for Gulf Cooperation Council in the Gulf. The Gulf Cooperation Council was established in Abu Dhabi, UAE on May 25, 1981. Its member states are Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Sultanate of Oman, Kingdom of Bahrain, and 7 Yemen. The General Secretariat is located in Riyadh, the capital of Saudi Arabia. The highest authority is the Supreme Council, which is composed of the heads of member states, and the chairpersons are alternated for a term of one year. The political and economic systems of the six nations are similar. The royal families are closely linked, and they have common interests in politics, economy, diplomacy, and national defense. They are an important political and economic organization in the Middle East.
GCC member countries have a total area of 2.67 million square kilometers and a population of about 34 million. In 2003, the gross domestic product totaled about $ 380 billion. Its main resources are oil and gas,
and it is an important regional organization in the Middle East.The GCC six countries are at the forefront of transportation in the east and west hemispheres, and have very important strategic geographical locations. It borders Iraq and Jordan in the north, Yemen and the Arabian Sea in the south, the Arabian Gulf in the east, and the Red Sea in the west. Most of the territory is desert, which has a tropical desert climate.
Foreign trade occupies a very important position in the national economies of the six GCC countries. Due to its single economic structure, in addition to petroleum and petrochemical products, most of its other living and production needs depend on imports. The total annual import and export trade is about 240 billion US dollars. The main exporting countries are the United States, Japan, the European Union, South Korea, and Southeast Asia. The main importing countries are the European Union, the United States, Japan, and Southeast Asian countries.
What is product is regulated with GCC?
Gulf Technical Regulation for low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (BD-142004-01).
- Electrical Fans
- Clothes Dryers/Washing Machines
- Food Grinders/Mixers/Juice Extractors
- Hair Dressing Apparatus/Hand Dryers
- Domestic Heating Appliances
- Microwave Ovens
- Cookers/Cooking Plates/Boiling Rings/Grillers/Roasters
- Instantaneous/Storage Water Heaters and immersion heaters
- Electric Irons
- Plugs/Socket outlets/Adaptors/Cord extension sets/Chargers
- Air Conditioners
- GCC Technical Regulation for Children’s Toys (BD-131704-01).
The GCC Technical Regulation defines a Toy as “an item designed or intended,whether or not exclusively, for use in play
by children under 14 years of age”
What’s GCC Certificate process?
1. Complete the GCC certification consultation form and apply to the consulting company;
2. The company tests motor vehicles and tire products in GCC-accredited laboratories in accordance with the relevant Gulf standard methods and requirements;
3. The consulting company assists the enterprise to produce the technical and certification documents required to be submitted to the GSO based on the test data;
4. The GSO will review the documents submitted by the enterprise. If the inspection is qualified, the GSO will issue a GCC certification to the enterprise. If the inspection is unsuccessful, the GSO will notify the enterprise that the application has not been passed and explain the reason;
5. After the validity of the GCC certificate expires, you need to re-create the application for extension and apply for a new GCC certificate.
Attention for GCC Certificate
1) Except for some exempt products caused by special economic reasons or administrative measures, all regulated products must be labeled with GCCConformity Marking before entering the GCC market. Exempted products are only applicable to products that are not harmful to health, safety and related operability. These exempted products must be notified to all Gulf member states by the GSO.
2) The pattern of GCC Conformity Marking cannot be too large or too small, and it must be related to technical regulations.
3) If the relevant regulations stipulate the GCC Conformity Marking mark size, the mark height must be greater than 5mm.
4) The GCC Conformity Marking logo should appear in the appropriate position according to the nature of the product, such as fixed or printed on the product label, or printed on the product packaging or printed on closed documents in accordance with regulatory requirements.
5) GCC Conformity Marking requires clear, readable, and not easy to wear.
6) The GCC Conformity Marking logo is made and pasted at the finished product stage.
7) The GCC Conformity Marking logo must bear the identity code of the notified body
8) No other deceptive marks similar to or similar to the GCC Conformity Marking mark are allowed.
9) GCC Conformity Marking can be used with other national or international marks
The identification appears at the same time, as long as these marks do not confuse GCCConformity Marking and do not limit or impair the readability of GCCConformity Marking.
10)For toys the user limitations shall include at least the minimum or maximum age of the user and, where appropriate, the abilities of the user, the maximum or minimum weight of the user and the need to ensure that the toy is used
only under adult supervision & it shall appear on the consumer packaging or be otherwis.