What is Ghana COC Certificate?
Under the EasyPASS Programme, shipments to Ghana will require testing and inspection to the Ghanaian standards or applicable equivalent International standards in order to obtain a CoC from an Approved Body. The CoC is a compulsory requirement to obtain Customs clearance of goods into Ghana. The EasyPASS Programme verifies the conformity of Products in addition to any existing import processes.
Exporters shipping to Ghana any products within the categories listed below, from any Country of Origin, will require a Certificate of Conformity for Customs clearance, those consignments arriving without the CoC will result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties, or even shipments being returned.
What product need Ghana COC Certificate?
Products covered under the EasyPASS Programme includes the following:
- Toys, Games and Sports Equipment
- Electrical and Electronic Products
- Chemical Products (except household Chemical substance)
- Mechanical and Gas Appliance
- Pulp of Wood, Paper and Paperboard
- Furniture (Wood and Metal base articles)
- Construction Materials
- Fuel and Petroleum Products
- Textile, Textile Articles and Leatherware including African prints
- Glass and Glassware Products
- Second hand or Used Products
Exporters who are shipping products which are outside these categories are allowed to apply for a CoC on Voluntary basis.
What's Ghana COC process?
- Provide test report(if applicated),IDF,applicate form,Invoice,Packing list to processed application
- Under review all documents.
- Processed arrange inspection.
- Issued COC Certifiate after passed inspection.
All labels of packaging of goods shall be in English language or at least include English. Packaged goods shall indicate the batch numbers, date of manufacture and expiry date or best before date or useby-date in respect of food. For goods other than food date of manufacture and expiry or best before date;where applicable. Where goods consist of small
packages which cannot be conveniently marked or labeled in the outer package, enclosing the small packages shall labelled in accordance with the rules.
Electrical and electronic products connected to the mains shall be :
rated with a voltage that is within the 220-240V range;
rated with a frequency of 50Hz (a rating of 60Hz only is not acceptable);