As a relatively developed country on the African continent, Kenya has been trading very frequently with domestic manufacturers for a long time. However, since 2018, many companies have found that the certification body that handles Kenya’s PVOC certification is in the certification process and certification requirements.
The requirements are very strict, which is actually caused by the certification reform between the domestic certification body and the relevant departments in Kenya.But in fact, the general process is the same, that is, the relevant test report issued by the 17025 qualified laboratory must be used to issue the certificate. However, in the past, the certification body could handle the test report and certification certificate, but now the customer needs to submit the relevant test report of the product Submit to the certification body for review, and then the Kenya PVOC certification can be issued.
First PVOC certification fee standard.
1. Inspection fee.
0.5% of the FOB value of the shipment, the minimum cost: 250 US dollars order, the highest 2375 US dollars order.
2. Inspection fee.
Quotation for each inspection description according to product and inspection requirements (applicable standards).
3. Supervision fee.
Each cabinet does not exceed 500 yuan, the specific cost is based on the packaging time, the number of cabinets and the supervision location.
4. Determine the agency fee.
Evaluate based on the complexity of the check
second PVOC certification business process:
1. Provide customers with electronic data packages (including Kenya PVOC introduction, PVOC application form (template), etc.).
2. The customer should submit relevant materials (including but not limited to: test report (see precautions for test report requirements), pvoc application form, import declaration form, packing list, invoice, etc.) to the customer service staff, and make an appointment for inspection and supervision ( Please make an appointment two to three working days in advance).
3. Review customer information, confirm inspection and loading supervision time with customers;
4. The customer service personnel should send the “Charge Notice” and “Inspection Notice” to the customer one working day before the inspection, and inform the customer of the condensed ctor information; the customer should mail the signed and stamped inspection notice on the same day Return; before issuing the certificate, please return the return copy of the fee notice together with the payment memorandum to the Finance Department to arrange the billing and certificate mailing.
5. The inspector shall conduct on-site cargo inspection and supervise the loading at the agreed time.
6. If the inspection data needs to be updated, the customer should submit the final data to the customer service staff on the day the inspection is completed.
7. After the customer service staff receives the customer’s final data, they should send the COC draft to the customer for verification. Sign and confirm within two working days.
8. After the certificate is confirmed and payment is received, the certificate will be issued in Kenya within about 2-3 working days and sent to the country within 5-7 working days.